View Single Post
      07-11-2022, 09:18 AM   #311
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

Wow that was a great race, feel so bad for Carlos, Perez too... but such an exciting season so far and Austria was IMO very well raced, clean, mostly incidents out there. Gasly was a mistake on Vettel, not sure George's was worthy of a penalty as I felt Checo did turn in or at min had more room to fade outside while George was at inside limit and did best he could.

Happy for Chaz, Max got a podium and despite this thread's popular opinion to hate on HAM I think it's good to see Lewis up there and seeming like his spirits are turning around. I didn't like the booing at Lewis' crash... that's not cool at all, would say the same about any driver getting booed.

As far as stewards, the race was much more consistent than the quali and sprint. I do think the heavy push to monitor track limits and enforce made for a better race overall and kept drivers in-line. Max's comments afterwards about limits and rule discussions should involve driver input more, especially when certain parts of the track are blind turns makes sense to me, I always thought at the driver & team meetings there was input.. I've seen a few times where as a result of those meetings there are race-weekend changes to rules based direct feedback. My guess is they were a bit unyielding this weekend and said - "Suck it up, stay in the limit". Overall the enforcement and the consistency to which enforcement was applied made for a better race this weekend.
Appreciate 0