View Single Post
      07-04-2022, 08:44 AM   #51
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Morrin View Post
Tam, I brought this over from Biginboca's thread. While I work through improvements on my 328xi petrol E90 salon, I am looking ahead to eventually getting a similar vehicle with the 330d engine.

My ideal configuration would be a wagon, 6 sp manual, xi with the 330 M57 engine, LHD. I think this puts me at a 2007-2009, and would mean purchasing it in Europe and shipping it back to Canada. I would accept a salon instead of the wagon, but the other items are essential.

What year is your wagon? Is it auto or manual? Is it RWD or xi. Is the diesel engine an M57 or N57?

Form your thread, you advised that the diesel engine was approximately equal in weight to the turbo 3.0 litre 6 in the 335. Is the back of the wagon any heavier than the diesel sedan? Is the engine the only thing that makes the diesel heavier than the petrol equivalent? I can find total weight differences between cars, but not axle weight differences.

My intent is to build knowledge and possibly parts from the petrol car that will be transfered to the diesel.

Thanks,
Peter
Mine is a mid-2007 manual RWD, which has the M57TU2 engine (aluminium block, 335d injectors).

The wagon rear is something like 60kg heavier than an equivalent sedan. I think the official figure is in this thread somewhere. I have a specs document somewhere that has axle weights for the sedans...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10-BXtGMhiC3XyHlTdEfK48ckDHXfAqWb/view?usp=drivesdk
Appreciate 0