Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Okay, my budget is now $40k and I've added these to the list:

VW MKVII GTI with Performance Pack
VW MKVII Golf R
Civic Type R
BMW G01 X4 M40i

Thoughts? Is the Civic Type R civilized enough to daily? Anyone here own one who can give some feedback?
I can only provide feedback on the BMW. FYI, the G01 is the X3, and the G02 is the X4, not sure which one you were looking at, but they are my favorite daily driver BMW currently makes. It's the perfect size but the fuel economy is ridiculously impressive. When I drove one from South Carolina to Maryland, I averaged 30 mpg without trying too hard. The engine (B58) is a true gem. Having said all that, I've been keeping an eye out for a 2019 model and they are well over $40k though.

Can't comment on the other cars but there's people that swear by them, and some of these guys own expensive Porsches and Ferraris. I know my friend was looking to get a Civic Type R but they're going for over what they were new with 30k+ miles. Doesn't make so much sense to me personally.

I'm very curious about the MK7.5 GTI's. Seems like a reasonably priced car that does it all, but I think I'd want something bigger as I'm looking for something more practical rather than fun.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
jmg18872.00