01-28-2022, 03:02 PM   #51
wheela
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 35i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostd92 View Post
Dorch and xdi are not available for e-series N55's. We only have the overdrive (Helix) options for HPFPs, which have proven to be less than bulletproof.

PI is really the only somewhat reliable fuel source - and I'm not keen on having an additional injector controller running off a chinese hobbs (pressure) switch. I had one on a stroker 3SGTE (Toyota MR2) build years ago to switch on my meth and that stupid switch failed on the dragstrip when I was running 26psi and nearly cost me a motor.
Dorch and Xdi are available for later (2013+) n55. Now that you mention it, I guess my e84 is probably one of the few e-chassis n55 cars made after 2013. But the older n55's have the n54 style pump. Yeah, those helix units seem to be capable of causing havoc, but have you looked into PFS POD? That works with n54 and the older n55 that came with the n54 style pump. It's like a helix, except it's (supposedly) much more reliable.

I here you on the additional controllers. I want to stick with DI for my car. Sorry to hear about your mr2 incident. I know a guy who blew up his evo when his meth injection failed on him during a pull.
Appreciate 0