View Single Post
      12-17-2021, 09:20 AM   #12
089ts
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
You need to tell us, did you really change the engine's piston rings? Like your mechanic took apart your engine for a oil leak? If yes you 100% need a new mechanic. That is insane.
my car model is bmw e90 320d 2005 i think it has a M47 engine as i read on the web,and yes the mechanic i took the car is said that he is a "great" mechanic haha,my car symptoms were oil consumption and oil leak it seemed like it comes from the top of the engine and it flooded the engine completely,then it started to take out alot of white smoke from the exhaust,one mechanic told me to change the engine completely because it wont work anymore,and the one i took my car to the other one who said that it seems a piston rings problem,and he took off the engine and took the engine apart,and charged me at the end about 500 EUR....now fast forward 4 month later my car still has the same exact problem i kept calling the mechanic telling him that im smelling burned oil coming from the air conditioneer but he kept saying that is nothing to worry about,now after my car did all this again he said that is probably from the dirty air filter...as i read many people here saying that it might be a engine gasket cover problem,i would open the engine by myself because i dont plan spending anymore money on her,would you recommend me any guide as a total noob i am with cars haha..
Appreciate 0