View Single Post
      08-06-2021, 07:49 AM   #7
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
Apart from the whole forbidden fruit thing going on for Americans I don't see why either.

They feel very heavy, torque steer like mad, hate changing direction and ride like crap. I've driven all variants from C5 to C8 and they really are just a bunch of numbers on a spreadsheet.

The B8 S4 and RS4 don't have enough torque or enough engine weight to be bad cars but IMHO anything Audi make that is over about 500nm is a complete pile of garbage due to the torque steer, those same cars will also be very heavy at the front.

I really did want to like the C7 S6 as it has a dual clutch gearbox instead of the torque converter auto in the RS6 but those weigh about the same the RS6 and deliver their power in a very flat and boring way. The C6 V10 S6 was similar with its power delivery - big number but in the real world the slowest 400hp plus car I've driven.

If you must buy a new Audi and want something quick, buy an RS3 or an R8, everything else is pretty weak imho.
I honestly question that you have actually driven the C8 RS6 based on your description. Sure it's not the fastest or most engaging compared to the M5 Comp or E63s, but it definitely does not torque steer like crazy mad as you put it (that was more of a C7 thing and tires fixed that), and certainly does not ride like crap or hate changing direction. Are they heavy, yup but still very much enjoyable and the better GT car out of the bunch, and a hell of a lot more comfortable for daily use.
Murf99314118.00
Red Bread4465.00
Doctor///M1809.00