View Single Post
      05-30-2008, 08:24 PM   #19
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2b96p View Post
its complete BS when people tell you to start small with a 250 or 500. Go and buy a 600 or even a 1000 and have fun. in the end its the person's maturity that decides whether or not they get into an accident.

i have a 2003 honda cbr600rr with 20340 miles on it. it is my first bike, i have never ridden dirt bikes, ATVs, road bikes, etc.. only a bicycle. But the difference between me and the rest of the people who ride sport bikes, im mature and responsible when i ride. I took the MSF course as well.

i dont ride to show off, im not racing from redlight to redlight, revving the engine ever chance i get, or riding with a t shirt and shorts with no helmet. Nor do i ride the bike to restaurants and bars when i know ill be drinking.

If you respect your life and your family you will conduct yourself accordingly when riding the bike. I ride to have fun, not to blow off steam or see how fast i can go. I wear out the middle of my tires and have tons of sides left. but in the end i come home in one piece.

take this information from one rider to another. dont listen to others who have no clue about bikes and just act like king kong.

oh yea and F all thoes who turn this thread into a sportbike vs harley thread

Sorry but I totally disagree. If you have a high powered bike, you can get yourself in serious trouble if you dont know what youre doing. Even simple things like pulling away from a start with a slipper clutch can be an adventure for someone who has never riden one.

Too much power + wheel spin + not knowing how to modulate throttle = high side waiting to happen
Appreciate 0