04-11-2021, 05:50 PM   #2
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2one3E90 View Post
I had my bike mounted on here. After I was done I made two holes, and then i put tape over it cuz it looked ugly. I pulled the tape and the paint came off with it. My lease is almost up and I want to know is it possible to Paint Match this and plug the holes up so it looks like nothing ever happened? I just hope i get my security deposit back...... Thanks if you can reply and give me some tips!
Repairing the holes is easy. Use the handle of a screwdriver and push the sheetrock in at each hole just enough to make a bit of a hollow around the holes. Get a small tub (about 1/2 pint) of spackle from Home Depot or Lowes or any hardware or paint store. Spread the spackle over the holes as smooth as you can, don't worry about getting it perfect because you're going to sand it anyway and spackle sands very easy. You can get a small plastic putty knife for about $2 that'll work fine. Sand it with about 80 or 100 grit sandpaper after it dries ( a couple hours will be more than enough time).
The paint is going to be a little trickier. Most paint stores or HD or Lowes can match it if you have a sample. They usually want about one square inch minimum. Another possibility is to get ahold of the building manager and ask them if they have a little bit for touch-ups. If they're cool they'll give you enough to cover that small repair.
King Rudi13159.00
chassis6690.50