View Single Post
      05-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #20
voltron1011
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, FJR-1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by noro View Post
Am I the only one that sees the positive side of this price escalation? I understand that for many people every $1 that it goes up means less money for food. But on the flip side this is already changing the mentality of many that treated fuel as it was water from the ocean. The current price hike is another bubble (did someone say Dot com? or Housing market?) it's speculative race of money hungry investors. Sure enough in the near future there will be a big article on CNN showing "poor and upset" fat bastards in suits crying about how they lost so much money in their energy investments.
I agree 100%... When I moved back to the US 3 years ago from Germany, all I would talk about is how great the diesel motors are (efficiency and power) and no one would even pay attention to me. Now, everyone is shit canning their Canyoneros for Priuses, and now they are all asking me about those diesel motors that I always talked about.
I'd gladly pay an extra 10 bux a tank to get some of these big ass vehicles off the road..
Appreciate 0