10-04-2020, 10:11 AM   #40
Cyril Sneer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E36 M3/4/5 / E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Bro View Post
I need someone to talk me into xDelete! I have been debating for so long. I Have heard mostly good reviews with a few people the opposite.
I am not interested in making it rwd, however the inbeween settings do sound appealing. I live in Canada so it does get driven in the snow.

Am I missing out by not using Xdelete !?
LSD would make it 1000% better but still worth it in my opinion. I bought it on sale probably around a year ago, along with a cheap Amazon cord that did the job.

With no LSD and no-season tires, I found full xdelete (0% forward) to be entirely useless in low traction driving. I tried the presets (sport and snow) but ultimately found that a custom setting of 35% forward was the best of all worlds. I left it there for the rest of the winter and haven't touched it since.

Seems to have better balance of power off the line and in curves, on the throttle. Steering feels much better. Still enough AWD traction to get moving easily on snow/ice.

It's nothing groundbreaking (might be with LSD though) but seems a small price to pay to have the car feel how it should have from the factory. You know, like a BMW. Next to address this suspension....

Oh, this is on an E91 328xi.
Appreciate 0