View Single Post
      05-09-2008, 10:45 AM   #37
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Yes, your description below tells us she is one of the "working bees", therefore, she is considered as a "cost center".

She needs to move to another role where she has the opportunity to meet clients and bring revenue in to the company (i.e. technical manager, account manager, sales, ...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlspeed29 View Post
shes a computer programmer, but since she started she's kind of assumed a couple different roles. Shes doing some EE (electrical engineering) work, tracking (which is a whole different team) and it seems like a lot of that falls on her plate because of the size of the company, its small.

When she started out, she was programming, like she was hired to. Nothing was mentioned about travel, and having to travel was not part of the original plan. Shes in the back, climbing ladders to work on the effin satelites

I told her, what if you slip and fall off a ladder...WTF thats not what you do! you program your not a wrench turner (no offense)

I dont know what a "cost center" is but shes was the main person working on this product that was sold to a client. so where ever that puts her