View Single Post
      06-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #42
johnscales
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport

I just did this on my '07 e93 with msport kit.
Just to say that I found the set up different than all mentioned here.

Sorry I didn't get any pics but here's my experience.
My little mud flap is tucked under the side skirting.
I was able to bend back the side skirt and bend the little mud flap in order to reach the plastic drain plug. But for me this was because i've had my skrts on and off so many times that I was actually missing the two small screws at the rear of the skirt (it still stays in place). Others will likely find that they will need to remove those two scews in order to move the skirt and bend/reach the mud flap edge. Further my mud flap had no bolts/screws in it. Rather a push snap on fitting to the underbody which I could not remove. It also looked OEM and I don't think anyone had been in there before. Don't be shy though, both the mud flap and skirt bend enough to reach the plug.
Finally beware when undoing it. I had nothing, not even a spot of water come out in comparison to the videos online then all at once and without warning 3 - 4 litres emptied outfull flow in about 10 seconds with me rolling away from the car to escape a soaking.

As an aside I also used a "Helin E8110 Trombone Bore Cleaner" from amazon to clean out the blocked front drain which was dripping water onto my lap from the roof as it was blocked. This tool is perfect for clearing out the drainage tubes.

Lastly does anyone know exactly how it is that the water ends up in the rear quarter panel? Am wondering if there are any other places to unblock.
Appreciate 0