View Single Post
      05-02-2006, 02:31 AM   #78
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Your first said that Kobe is not the MVP for his team this series (claiming Lamar is), and then you turn around and claim that it doesn't matter what he has done this series, "one series does not determine a player's game"... somewhat contradictory. Perhaps you didn't read what you wrote yourself. He proved himself to be the most valuable player on his team in the regular season one way, and he again proved himself to be the most valuable a different way in this series.

If you want to bring out basketball "philosophies" and start claiming how Kobe did not do this and did not do that in the regular season and thus he is not the MVP, I got an easy one for you. In almost any sports, especially basketball, defense wins the game, defense wins championships. Plain and simple philosophy that every coach goes by (although not always implement). Steve Nash does not have a strong defensive game, and therefore he's not the MVP. This is easily evidenced by one simple fact, Nash's Suns team never got the finals, never won a championship, and chances are, they never will.