luckstr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White BMW440i Hardtop Converti

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckstr View Post
I think that's a bunch of bull. Why would you "have to" have a tire that allegedly says you can go up to 186?
You don't "have to" but as you will see if you read these tire threads, some shops/managers/etc will follow certain policies such as not deviating from OEM specification with respect to speed rating, load rating (e.g., XL vs. non-XL), non RFT vs. RFT, etc. One can only assume they are trying to limit their liability.

When i got my PS4S installed at Costco a couple of weeks ago, they called me right after they pulled the car in and asked me if i knew i was installing non RFTs in place of RFT. Of course i said yes (that's the point, lol) and they acted like i was crazy saying that i don't have a spare and would have to get the car towed if i got a flat, but they still proceeded with the install without a hassle.
And that's great to know that the folks at Costco notice a difference and contact you for confirmation. That's all I was trying to say, it's your car and you should be able to do what you want to/with it.
Appreciate 0