07-26-2019, 11:17 PM   #32
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckysaurus View Post
Second this. Right now even with my car, I'm debating getting a CP, (maybe catless) DP, LPHP, Pure Stg2 turbos, BM3, and front bumper F10 M5 style. But I figured if I sell my car with the parts I have on it, I can clear 25k easily if I want it gone ASAPs, and maybe around 30k to someone who likes it (2014 535, 38,600 miles, premium pkg, cold weather pkg, lighting pkg, driver ast. pkg.).

With that and the money I would spend on upgrades, I can easily get a 30-55k mileage 2014+ M5 with the actual power, front fenders, front bumper, etc. optioned with the lighting package the way I want with a red or brown interior.

It's like the people who buy a 535 and then want to mod the heck out of it to get 500hp... it's just easier + more cost effective to buy a 550 and do that! An actual M is an actual M, and it's hard to get a non-M close in terms of power unless you have that N54 true twin turbo. And even then it's a hit or miss and you need to upgrade almost stage3 to safely push past 575hp. The F10 M5 can easily hit more than that with a tune and catless.
appreciate your feelings on this. tho i'm happy with the power my 535i puts out. I've grown out of my old skool days with wanting power and now i'm just enjoying modding my cars/trucks. i don't know where you're getting this idea of buying a M5 instead? yes, it was a car i planned on getting after the 535i but the course has changed and my plan is to pursue a Porsche which is my dream car. i still have yet to put my JB4 on and if a DP comes available in the MarketPlace...i may jump on it. but i don't want another car note just yet. having my BMW paid off is what's allowing me to build my dream garage, facelift my car, work on the performance side of things just to give it some kick and eventually upgrade the audio since i love music and i hate the stock system. so i'm looking ahead and putting a lot of time and energy into buying a Porsche. which model i'm looking into is yet to be determined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
'Cept one must deal with all the problems with the V8. As I've pointed out before, the 535 gives up just a half second to the 550 0-60. Personally, I can live with that; and can't beat 31+ mpg on the highway.
agree
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0