03-03-2019, 11:25 AM   #44
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBk View Post
Also ordered a Bilstein B14 coilover kit for the car which arrived last week. I've been looking into replacing the springs for a short while and almost bought a set of ACS springs as they come in highly recommended on here. Some cars I seen sat nicely but others had a bit too much front arch gap still. I decided to up my budget a bit and go for a set of height adjustable coilovers so that I could guarantee I would get the height I wanted. The B14 kit is height adjustable only, from the limited information I could find (fitted to F3x's) I understand that these are slightly softer than the B16 adjustable kit on their softest setting which should work out well for what I want to use the car for. It is going to be a bit of an experiment but we'll see how they are when fitted. I can't see them riding worse than the standard springs and dampers, maybe a bit firmer but I'm hoping the switch to non run flats will offset this to an extent. When researching these things you find a lot of people advising to pay the extra for adjustable rebound but that would add a further £5-600 to the cost, given that my original plan was for springs alone it was just too much, so I took the plunge and decided to give these a try.

The plan is to get the tyres fitted first next week and run around on those for a short while, then replace the suspension to give me a feel for the individual changes. Pictures to follow once I get home and get my hands on them
You are totally wrong about the B14. They are about the same as the B16 set at near full hard. I am taking my set of B14 off my car and replacing with the KW V2 because it rides a little harsh for daily driving.
Appreciate 0