View Single Post
      02-06-2019, 08:49 AM   #78
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
Some have asked about rod bearings. They have not been changed but the warranty will cover them if they fail meaning they will put a new motor in it. I called and spoke in lengths about this before I purchased the warranty. That aside, we all know any E9x that is on OEM bearings needs to have them done. So considering doing them out of pocket and see if the warranty will pick up any part of it. I would however be inclined to ask more for the car. Opinions?
Just from a resale value perspective, if you are having trouble unloading the car at this price - I don't think the rod bearings would help. You would never gain your full ROI back.

Having bought and sold a number of modded cars I always found that I was able to get the most return by parting out any mods that I could and getting the car as close to stock as possible. I even had guys buy cars from me then message me a week later to start buying the mods I had in the garage. They wanted a "Stock" car to purchase but quickly got the itch.
EnVe461039.50