View Single Post
      07-18-2018, 12:40 PM   #6
sloweste9x
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E61 535XI, E92 335I (Sold)

Garage List
Update on the build:

The lines came undone (by themselves, how odd), causing an acute massive ATF loss, damaging the atf pump, the torque converter, the clutch A drum, as well as the mechatronics and the mechatronics seals.

This was a tragic and expensive loss, and has been quite frustrating for me as well as the shop to figure out why what happened happened, and how to fix it accordingly.

We ended up deciding to replace the entire transmission, as unfortunately that was the cheapest solution to this problem.

I was surprised how bad the transmission really was; check out this video and you will see the inordinate (and slightly horrifying) amount of material found in the atf after the pan was dropped.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/AbM9QRJ5TK0

The transmission was sourced from the same supplier as the engine, and ironically it seems like the transmission is from the same donor as the engine. Financially disappointing (should've just bought a donor vehicle) but at least the two will be united, working together once more!

The real challenge will be coding the new transmission, setting up the adaptations, and installing XHP correctly.

Last edited by sloweste9x; 08-02-2018 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 1