SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herakles View Post
Hey guys
So I re flashed my s1 - took only 4 minutes, and removed the crappy linear throttle- I swear it made my car feel like mush-

The change hasn’t really make it feel like it did stock- and I want to reset adaptistions- I don’t know why adaptation would still apply after flashing without the linear throttle option selected.

Do I just plug in tablet again and go to reset adaptations ?
You can let it adapt on its own, or if you want to clear the entire history of the adaptations, you can reset it. For the throttle reset, plug in MHD with the ignition turned on, reset the throttle adaptation, then follow the instructions in the app about turning off/on ignition and waiting. If you reset the throttle adaptation and neglect to follow the instructions then you will get a CEL and a throttle related code. This happened to me when I reset it and let the car sit for an hour without restarting it.

After the adaptation reset, the car may run a bit odd and the idle may not be smooth, but give it time and the car will learn.
MHD Stage 2+, VRSF Downpipe, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Intake, BMS Chargepipe, Performance Exhaust Mod, F10 550i Clutch, BMS CDV, BMW Performance SSK, M3 Control Arms, ST Coilovers, Apex ARC-8 wheels, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0