Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E91 328i & 07 E86 M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Thank you!
Currently, I don't have plans for suspension changes. If/when the shocks go, I will upgrade to a cup kit. From what I've read so far, xDrive kits are a bit harder to find and there's no OEM Sport option, which is what I'd do if it was available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e9106 View Post
Welcome to the e91. Beautiful car, love the color.

If/when you need replacement shocks you might consider Bilstein B6 Performance Series Shocks and Struts. They replace the stock shocks directly and are probably the closest to what a factory sport (non-lowered) suspension would have been.

I installed those on my e91 with the stock springs and love them. They offer a firm ride without being harsh and eliminated about 90% of the "pothole explosions" I experienced with the stock suspension.
I currently have the Bilstien B12 Cup kit and would not recommend it. It uses the B8 dampers and after 1 winter season the front struts are shot. You would not believe the rust around the collars and the chrome is chipping off the actual shaft. BTW Bilstien's limited lifetime warranty doesn't cover any of this, after calling them it honestly doesn't cover much. The other thing is that when I installed it the car had major rake (front end sat higher than the rear) so ended up I installing a set of non xi spring perches to bring it down a bit. All in all the only thing that was good from this cup kit were the Eibach springs but IMO this kit sucks the bag and I'll never buy another Bilstien shock again for a car that drives the winter. I have a set of Koni Yellows sitting on my bench that will go in the next month or so we'll see how they hold up. Anyways when the time come to change the suspension keep this in mind.
2007 #1432 ///M Coupe Silver Gray - KW V3 Coilovers - AFE Intake - Strong-Strut Brace - Status Grupee Headers - Super Sprint Race Exhaust & Xpipe - 19" Avant Garde M359 - Stoptech 380 6 pot BBK - EPIC Motorsports Tuning ////////////2009 328xi M-Tech E91 manual 6spd

- Instagram ->@e91kiter
Appreciate 0