View Single Post
      03-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #65
Yapakanichi
Monkey Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBreeze View Post
I actually really enjoy visiting NSB, it's a frequent stop point for me and the wife when we are vacationing in Florida and looking to break up the long drive from NC to points further away in FL. Flagler is a lot of fun, there are some good places to eat and some fun bars, at least the ones that don't allow smoking. When we first discovered it 8-9 years ago, we often talked about it as a potential retirement spot. We've found people there to be generally very friendly, especially the local business owners. As far as being dumb, I can't say we observed the percentage of dumb people to be outside the normal range :-). Too bad for us real estate prices have soared in the last 8-9 years as it's no longer the bargain it was.
Yea I moved a tad north to Port Orange, just over the city line. Also a tad inland, about a ten minute drive to the beach. I don't do the bar scene anymore cause well I'm not in my 20s. I just know of the people to avoid, she looks like one to avoid for....many reasons.

There are some good people here, just gotta find em. Locals unfortunately don't see the tourism as what it is, the economy driver. And people have been trying to keep it away, but it's not working. Check out the NSB dunes park next. It's down on peninsula. Great Great beach to bring your dog for a day of fun in the sun
Appreciate 0