View Single Post
      02-13-2018, 05:37 PM   #7
b-drizzle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post

OP, I have no idea what the differences would be between those two MFactory LSD's, however I would lean toward the one that is NOT "for manual transmissions only," as the pumpkin that the differential will be inside of will be from an automatic transmission car. Wait, or will it? -- To be clear, are you planning on sourcing an Auto car pumpkin with the higher final drive ratio? Or are you going to swap a new final drive into your existing MT car pumpkin? That distinction may be what determines which differential you would need.
Also, since you're in the learning phase.. do a lot of research on this site about MFactory and also look into Diffsonline.
So yea in the end I will end up with two diffs... the current one, in a 330i MT will stay untouched and in storage once removed. Not opening it, just stashing it.

The one I will source, a pumpkin from a 330i Automatic will get cracked open, the stock diff will be removed, and replaced with a LSD from either Wavetrac or MFacotry along with the gearing that is in that pumpkin. Then bolted on the 330i MT car. It is exactly what ZentRose did on YouTube.
Appreciate 0