02-10-2018, 09:02 PM   #86
dpaul
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335xi, 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavc View Post
I’ve gotta mirror the complains on sound quality, it’s terrible.
Bluetooth or connected via USB.
The android stuff side is buggy at best, but I figured I could just use CarPlay and bypass everything else.
Unfortunately when I get in my car now, it defaults to I-Drive, I need to hold menu, change to Android, select one of the functions that launches CarPlay, tap on the screen twice to authorise USB, wait 5 seconds for CarPlay to launch, then choose the CarPlay app I want.
The other frustration is Siri and nav instructions are very crackly, and she doesn’t understand me while connected to avin.
I got great support in the beginning, but as soo. As I brought up these issues I stopped getting replies, then when I asked what the return procedure is, I still got ignored.
Exactly!
I'll give the latest "update" a try tomorrow but my expectations are not high.

This might be worth a try:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aclearersky View Post
Some good news guys. For those without enhanced Bluetooth I managed to add a few things that greatly improved audio quality. I'm not responsible if your unit breaks or explodes from doing the following. If you're not techy maybe avoid this.its not too difficult but it can break your device.

1. Root with king root
2. Use supersume to get rid of king root and install super su
3. Install flashfire
4. Download ainur Nero zip
4. Download james dsp zip
5. Download viper4android apk
6. Use flashfire to install both zip files one at a time( it will reset in between)
7. Install viper4android
8. Set all the avin audio eq settings to 0
8. Mess with all the settings and enjoy significantly improved sound quality

There are still some crackles every once and a while but it's so much better in terms of clarity and fullness. Makes me a little less sad for buying this unit.
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...374452&page=69

Last edited by dpaul; 02-10-2018 at 09:09 PM..
Appreciate 0