Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
How are the meets out in Phoenix? Perhaps organize one and you can meet people with similar interests?

What field of work are you in?
Are you creative? Any old hobbies you can do? (I'm not artistic at all haha)
Yeah, I do go to the meets like once a month, so I have met a few people through that. I work as a graphic designer, and do work with some cool people. They just all have a wife and kids they're busy with. I did think about picking up more freelance design work; but that's just more money, and doesn't get me out and doing stuff.
I just don't feel like I'm productive since all I do is work and get together with friends for dinner, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
Twins separated at birth.. (I'm 19 however..)
Played hockey for a few years and then the league shut down.. I miss it a lot, but not many places close to where I live..
Snowboarded for two years and then got tired of it.
Started getting into bass, but my wrist would hurt when I would play since I broke it.

Heh.. I thought older people were a bit slower in hockey as well until I played with them a few times.. You should at least go to one of their scrimmage's to see what they are about.

Currently.. I started working out MWF with my brother and a friend for about an hour, we plan to get some sparring gear and clear Wednesday to go at it for a while.
Other than that I mainly chill on the computer, go to college, watch a bit of t.v., and hang out with friends.

Me and a couple of friends started a little dodge ball type league. We usually just call everyone up around 10pm or so whenever we want to play, everyone meets up and we go at it for 2 or so hours. Usually teams of 6-8, but we haven't played as much since the janitors found out we were using their Elementary Gym. We play occasionally now at some fenced in tennis courts, but with the gym we were playing at least 3 times a week.

You should check out Ultimate Frisbee as well.. Really fun and active, and should fill up about 2-3 hours in a day. Once again, we started it up because we had nothing better to do.

Socialize and get a group of friends to do stuff with.

-Nathan
haha, wow, that's pretty funny Nathan.

I stopped in at one of the hockey shops (probably the only one out here) on the way home from work on Friday. The guys there did make a good point. There are a lot of retired pro/semi-pro players out here who do nothing but skate and golf. So the leagues should be pretty competitive. I think I'll have my gear fed-ex'd down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
I agree.

I know you aren't too fond of the MT schools in your area (@OP) but perhaps you can meet some people there. There's a MT school in my area, if you're single, you'd like their cardio kickboxing class.
Joining a gym's a good idea. I head to the one at my apartment complex 3-4 times a week; but most days I'm the only one in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf2kta View Post
You're kidding right??

You can do outdoor sports all year long!! See those big brown hilly things in every direction you look? Those are mountains. Hike them! Phx has the second most MMA gyms in the nation (Las Vegas #1). There is every pro sporting team you could want. There are millions of golf courses. There are two 1/4 mile tracks that are decent. There are several racing leagues (pro solo II, etc.) From your "hobbies" it sounds like you grew up in the northeast or midwest. Adapt. When in Rome....

Seriously, there is so much you can do. The only thing that holds me back from doing more is time and money.
I don't know about "outdoor sports all year long"
When it's June-August, it's too damn hot to do anything but sit in the pool all day.

I do have to get out and go hiking, and before winter a few friends and I were making the drive up to Prescott every month or so. Golfing is a good call, especially since I live on a course.
Like you said. Time and money are the restraints. I work all week, then bartend on the weekends, so my time is limited to weeknights and Sunday afternoon. Trying to find something I enjoy that gives me the most bang for my buck in a sense.