02-01-2018, 11:26 PM   #18
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
First, no offense dude but it is your responsibility to determine how much it would cost you. The hospital bill clearly says "estimate". You had you have a high deductible plan. You should know how much is left on your deductible. 800 is not high. That is the technical fee for having the scan.

Second, you said "I get a bill from them for like $150. Supposedly for the doctors fees something or the other. Ooook... I set it aside and honestly forgot about it". Typical! I am sure that is the radiologist fee for interpretation. Yes, doctors don't work for free. But you just decided or forgot to pay it! And your mad they sent you to collections? Seriously?
By your username you clearly have some bias but lets take the same scenario and apply it to any other business.

Last year I had some landscape work done. So the landscaper comes, I tell them what I need done and they give me an estimate for $700 to do the work. I think thats fine, I sign the agreement and pay them $700. They do exactly what I requested, theres no unforeseen changes, I don't decide mid project I want to add a pool, nothing. Straight forward. They then say sorry but we under estimated by $1,200!! Oh and you also owe us $150 for the landscapers pay... because why on earth would that be included in our initial estimate.

Now that may be common place in healthcare, but that's one fucked up way to run a business.

Plus if you read my post I'm not mad they sent it to collections. I honestly don't give a shit about the $150, if that was the end of the story I would simply pay the notice and this post would of never happened. I'm mad they estimated $700 and then try to tell me their estimate is wrong by $1350. That would not be acceptable pretty much anywhere else.
Appreciate 3
wrickem2124.50
Hawkeye2069.50
aozer994.50