View Single Post
      01-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #120
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
My father owned a 2009 GL450 for 90,000 miles. He was not the typical MB owner, since he also used it to tow a 6000lb dump trailer on weekends, which got many confused looks.

The car itself was fairly reliable, didn't have any issues really besides a few navigation system glitches. The problem was tires and maintenance for that thing was ridiculous. He didn't enjoy spending 10 grand for tires over the course of ownership for run flats with the 20" wheels.

The car in my opinion was fairly ugly, and had an odd problem I had never experienced before in a car. The ride was perfect, but the seats were terrible. Like leather wrapped park benches. Probably the worst seats I've ever sat in, which for a vehicle of that price point is nuts.

He now has a 2013 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L V8 which has been much cheaper to maintain, and MUCH more capable in the snow. Even with 4-Matic and new tires the Benz was like a big sled.

I usually see old people or young kids driving them. The older people can afford them, the young kids probably have no idea about the maintenance.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0