View Single Post
      01-08-2018, 08:51 AM   #34
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

My wife's sister and bother-in-law built their first home and one things they wanted was an attic fan, it was the only thing not on the options list, they fought with the track home build to put one in and add it as an option. You would think this should not be a big deal. Well, the builder would not agree to put one in. Attic fans in the summer can cut down on your cooling bill during the summer so it was worth it to them to pay to have it built in while the house was being constructed.

Since the builder refuse to add it to the contract (never found out why they would not agree) the bother-in-law went into the house while they were building it and installed the fan and figure he would have it wired later. Well the builder found out about and had his workers rip it out. Needless to say it lead big fight between the build the my wife's sister and brother-in-law.

The wife and I bought a brand new house and it was not from a track home builder, it was considered a semi-custom home they had basic plans but you can modify them how you want, the builder would do whatever you want within reason. We are planning on building our retirement home and we will do the same thing work with an individual builder not a track home builder for all these reason.

Last edited by Maestro; 01-08-2018 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 0