Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun ticket View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Again, they said 20 feet and that would work for you right? If it’s 19.4, they are at fault.
I do agree with some comments that I own this, yes, I do.

My argument is this:

I specifically pointed out i needed 20 feet, we discussed it at length
The sales person said yes, our garages are 20 feet
She did not point out that the usuable space is 19.4, I would have made a different decsion, you lose inches in the portion were the door shuts. They count that in the 20 feet but it is not usuable space.
At no point did she offer or point out the extended option, she should have

They own all of the above. This is their profession I expect them to be knowledgable of their products. That is not my job.

That is the discussion I will have tomorrow if they come back with an undesirable solution.
Based on that, I see why they said it was 20 ft, it all in where the measurements are made. Also 20 ft outside dimension is multiple of 4 ft or 16 in stud distance. Track home builders count every 2x4. I have done my one floor plans and do not worry about how many 2x4 I make sure the space is size I want and can use.

If you saw the floor plan with the dimensions you probably would have caught it, but most track home plans usually do not show dimensions. It would be easy to bump the front out 1 ft but they originally will not want to do that.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0