View Single Post
      11-28-2017, 04:51 PM   #33
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Thanks again! I have portfolio management through Baird and will talk to them about it. Will follow up with you offline if I have other questions. I suspect, though, that this avenue may be a bit too involved and too risky for my relative lack of knowledge. The lure of higher returns is always there but at the end of the day I'm a total novice and have to know when to steer clear of investments mechanisms that require a lot of time, management, knowledge, etc!
Then as mentioned before, bonds and fixed income investments are you safest bet when you're ready to rotate your investments away from risk.

Problem is fixed income still relatively expensive with the low interest rate environment. But since you already have an investment advisor, then why are you here? lol

I do everything myself. But I stick with large stock mutual funds with low fees. I realized in my youth, I am terrible with timing and impatient with stock picking. Just bet on the old US of A and we'll all end up winners. Seeking alpha is incredibly difficult and sometimes very expensive.