09-09-2017, 04:37 PM   #341
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Same for me. As for the curfew, let me shed some light on that. The idea behind the curfew is to keep people indoors. It makes it easier for law enforcement to keep crime down in an area as large as ours. I suspect that is why they have not eliminated the curfew.
Yeah I get that. Unfortunately, IMO every aspect of preparing for this storm understandably jumped the gun a bit based on early forecasts and whatever effect we have probably won't wind down until sometime Monday. Curfew from Saturday afternoon to sometime Monday for what may ultimately be a tropical storm or barely Cat 1 for most of the county doesn't seem rational to me at the moment. But maybe it's needed when schools shut down Thursday / Friday, which led to businesses needing to do the same so no one is watching the store. I don't recall anything so far in advance of the storm for Frances, Jeanne or Wilma, but maybe my memory is fading. I also don't think Miami-Dade has anything like this county-wide but maybe that changed since this morning. Anyway, I'd rather have a curfew and miss the storm so it'll be fine.