07-11-2017, 01:06 AM   #99
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldep View Post
NineTyOne

I'm about to upgrade the brake on my e91 325xi 6mt to the 335 brakes. I picked up a set of fronts and backs used.
1. You mention EBD coding change. What is involved with this (I hope my local BMW performance center can handle this).
2. Trying to decide whether to get remanufactured calipers prior to installing. I'm on the fence as to trying the calipers out or just buying new and using these for core charge.

Any Thoughts?
hate to say it but you may have wasted the money on the rear brakes. You only need the front set. I don't think the parking brake of the 325 will work with the 335i rotor.
As for your questions.
1. You can use BMW standard tools and update the VO to +SPBR or the actual official coding with ISTA which will reset the steering angle sensor, DSC and the brake bias.
2. if you are worried, order the parts and rebuild them yourself. $27.36 per caliper
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/34116769090/
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0