View Single Post
      02-17-2017, 02:56 PM   #22
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
I don't approve of removing catalytic converters. It isn't fair for you to make us breath your pollution while you get cheap thrills from a downpipe.

Remember, these EPA rules have nothing to do with air quality. It is completely about CO2. There is smog in places, especially SoCal and Houston. Houston's air pollution is primarily industrial as this is a center for refining and petrochemical manufacturing.
"Smog generally occurs in the lower part of the atmosphere, less than 5 km above the ground. Smog is a combination of airborne particulate matter, like soot, and invisible toxic gases including ozone (O3), carbon monoxide (CO), sulfur dioxide (SO2), and carcinogens. Some of these compounds are emitted directly."

No CO2. Yes Houston is industrial. Similar to but way less damaging as the polution created by making batteries for hybrids and electric cars. Cali is the mountains making bowls around the cities. Rest of the country is pretty much zero. That's why cali has its own emmission laws. As to not removing my catalytic, poor baby. When Florida, the entire state, decides to have emissions inspections, or any inspection for that matter, maybe I'll consider it. My advice would be not so stand next to me in a bar. My Marlboro smoke might bother you and I won't care nor do I legally have too.

But none of that has anything to do with the guidelines. They were put there for the climate change narrative, not smog. They'll be history shortly.
Appreciate 0