10-11-2016, 06:23 PM   #107
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808AWD325xi View Post
If you want English INPA scripts, then your best bet is to grab the INPA CFGDAT and SGDAT folders from a working installation of INPA 5.0.2 as described in this DIY.

The INPA.INI configuration file in the C:\EC-APPS\INPA\CFGDAT folder sets the function key assignments for chassis selection.

The chassis specific script selections can be found in the *.ENG configuration files, which are also located in the CFGDAT folder...i.e. E90.ENG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milfriez View Post
SPOT ON! I think that was the missing piece of the puzzle. I believe I copied over the original INPA.ini which didn't contain the updated vehicle codes.

Once I went back and replaced it with the updated .INI and then recopied the CFGDAT and SGDAT files over, everything seems to check out, along with an expanded vehicle menu select.

Thanks for that!

P.S. If anyone is still has a Windows 7 box sitting around, using Win7+XP Mode (MS virtual PC) is the way to go instead of installing, killing install, reinstalling, etc. Just build the VM, follow the install, extract your files, then copy to Win7/Win10 system. After you're done just kill off the VM all neat and clean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milfriez View Post
Okay back again.

Got everything installed and up and running. In INPA I can select E89 and the appropriate engine.

Past that point, all is in German and German metrics. I know that I had copied the eng files across but for some reason, it appears as if it is not reading them. How can I get them to display english units/titles instead of German?

Thanks,
Brad

The *.ENG configuration files only specify which chassis specific INPA scripts are to be executed. They do not influence the language variant and/or system of measure utilized by those scripts.

This DIY explains how to obtain and install English metric INPA scripts. If that's what your seeking, I suggest following the DIY...