Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by matbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugzZ BunnY View Post
And you are definitely not the majority. there are customers for everything but it's not a great business decision to spend tons of money designing something that very few will like. I sell BMW's and 9/10 people that see the i3 let me know how ugly it is. This car will be no different.
So 90% of the chattanooga, TN BMW customers think it is ugly. What does that tell you about what the New Yorkers or Californians think about it?
Nothing!
Does it tells you what Germans, Dutch, Brittish or other europeans think about it?
NO!
Does it tell you what Chinese, Japanese, Brazillians or South Africans think about it?
Absolutely not!

Point here is that BMW is a global brand and you can't judge how others in other parts of your country or or other parts of the world and other cultures will like it by extrapolating the local taste. It just doesn't work that way for any local taste.

Do I like the i3 design? Not really. Would I like the one in these sketches? Don't know.
Would it be acceptable if it would mean a real electric car from BMW? YES!
Would I care about the exterior design if it turned out to be a crippled electric car? No, not really.
Point is, for me it's not the exterior design that matters, it is if I can replace my Tesla with it in terms of electric range, charging, interior space, etc.
Actually the sales numbers show me that people don't like it.

Inquiries: Andrew.Wise@bmwofchattanooga.com
Appreciate 1