02-25-2016, 10:11 AM   #27
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Manuals are certainly less available then before but certainly still available for the enthusiasts. Isn't Prosche going to back to release a manual?

...... I will never be forced to drive a self driving car I really don't care.
I'm with you on both, manuals and self driving cars, however, my guess is that more than 70% of people don't care for either.

As I said, earlier, lots to discuss before this is reality. Who owns/controls/is certified to sell us sensors, cameras, maps and navigation, how secure from hacking these are. It's a work in progress, but I can see car being a product that will enable various companies to sell software "services", security, "better" maps, bad weather package, parking passes... you name it. I can totally see "subscription fees" for almost everything in addition to cost of car and maintenance

And then soon to follow, we all take a daily "nutrition pill", and a "beer/wine pill" with it then go make love to "almost life like" robot, and claim it's just "better for us" as it eliminates all potential downsides of humans perhaps overcooking or eating unhealthy meal, having too much alcohol, or maybe not performing well with real partner
Appreciate 1