06-25-2015, 06:18 PM   #110
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotE46M View Post
Interested to hear where your property location is if you dont mind sharing.
city of oceanside. its a beach city, but not super upscale like others. my properties (two) are on the west side of the i5, so they appeal to those that want to live closer to the beach. garages are a huge plus as well. people really feel like they are getting more (and they are).
one thing i learned this time around is how much people value their private outdoor space. this condo has a significantly smaller patio than my other one, even though it is at ground level. the complex is pet friendly, which i found to be a huge bonus because it is a huge attraction. the smaller patio is sort of a buzzkill for everyone whether they have a pet or not though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Impressed, roastbeef.
On 08-13-2014, you posted an idea, and you went through with it. Took only 10mo. Congrats.
thanks, but i must admit, it took longer than ten months. working hard and building equity and saving took a lot of time. i hatched the thread 10 months ago looking for new ideas, but the setup took years.
i'm very thankful to have friends and mentors to bounce ideas off of in seeking their guidance. i spent a lot of time online watching and educating myself.
i got into a small business (vending machines) and decided to get out. it wasn't a failure, but it wasn't going to be what i wanted to be so i got out. some might call that a failure, but it was a very beneficial learning experience- i can't call that a failure.
one of the things i have learned and sort of adopted through listening to self development audiobooks, is; "what am i doing today that i would not get into again, knowing what i now know?" basically, without abandoning responsibility or fulfillment, get out if you're spinning your tires or going nowhere.

i think i know what you're saying, and i appreciate the congratulation. i'm just trying to hang it out there for anyone that might misinterpret investments/etc. as easy as flipping a light switch.