View Single Post
      03-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #1
AgentDark
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi (E90)

Exclamation [RDC/TPMS Issues] CC-ID 149 (2011 NA 328i XDrive E90)

Just wanted to make this to document what symptoms I am seeing and the outcome.

So its been frigid here in Ohio (USA) (below 0F most days). 3 weeks ago my electrical system seemed to freak out. All warning lights came on, rpm and speed gauges would seem to reset then go back to the correct reading over and over. I shut off the car and now a Tire pressure system malfunction (TPMS Inactive) light came on (CCID 149). It has been on consistently for 3 weeks now. I have known BMW's to have weird electrical symptoms with a low battery. As mine was almost 5 years old, I got it replaced.

The "TPMS Inactive" problem persisted, and a few more electrical system freakouts later(same as above), I decided to gamble and change the RPC control unit, which is located in the passenger rear wheel well. Backside near the trunk.

I will be installing it today after work, and hopefully this fixes the issue. The only thing that concerns me is the electrical glitches that I described above and how they would relate to that control unit. If this doesn't fix it, I will be taking it in to get serviced tomorrow.

Anyone else seen this?
Appreciate 0