View Single Post
      11-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #24
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

I guess i've been old for a while. The highlight of building our house was building the Wolf / Subzero kitchen. The best part was that we got a smoking deal. The my buddy owns Famous Tate here in town. (Largest appliance dealer in town) He put me in touch with the Wolf/Subzero Florida rep who happens to live in Tampa. We hit it off and she asked me to send her a list of the products we wanted for our house. The list we made had 2 Wolf conviction ovens, 6 burner wolf pro gas range top, wolf hood with inline blower, subzero build in fridge and freezer, plus a Bosch dishwasher. The total price of those items at my pals store was upwards of $30k. (about 3x our budget) Next thing i know she's got a PO made up for us, with all those products for a total of...... $14k. At first we were like, but then we were like,

My buddy who owns the appliance store said that was much lower than model home prices, which are apparently the lowest he's seen. He asked my wife and i what i did to get such a good price, insinuating that i "tickled her fancy". My wife, with a straight face says, "I wouldn't even care, these appliances would be worth it." haha So i guess she is getting old too!

The fridge doesn't do anything special, but with 23 cubic feet it's got plenty of room. I don't know how they do it, but you can put a half cut onion in the produce drawer and it doesn't permeate the rest of the fridge. Love that it runs so quite too.

So yeah, i'm old and know how you're feeling. Hell, i'm still excited about these kitchen appliances!