View Single Post
      10-26-2014, 11:54 PM   #41
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
I have a masters of science in electrical engineering. Just contacted those that I know in the field. The more I read, the more I like. I see myself as more of a system level (big picture) type of guy as opposed to a low level tinkerer.
Nice. A master's in EE is far and away the best possible degree you can have if you want to make a lot of money in patent law.

Patent law cases almost always boil down to nuances. There are trickeries and ambiguities in wording that are often exploited to win cases or sometimes needlessly prolong patent law suits. Yes, it's important to have a broad, big picture knowledge base on a number of EE topics, but it's the nitty gritty details that form the heart of any given case (usually).

Of course ironing out the details is the job of whatever expert witness you hire (almost always a PhD and usually someone well-renowned from academia) but you're going to be the one questioning and cross-examining the opposing side's expert witness so you need to be facile with the details as well.

It's not necessarily hard but it can be soul-crushing work from time to time. But, the pay is absolutely phenomenal once you get past associate.
Appreciate 0