10-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #12
jb3617
show me potato salad
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
Are you by chance NOT Caucasian? Not to say its often a race thing... but most cops are usually Male and most are usually Caucasian... while I agree it may help to own up to things, but for the most part you need to treat things like you are planning to fight a ticket and keep your mouth shut on what you did wrong.

I've personally fought many tickets in my life and won, but I can tell you for a fact that owning up to something would never have gotten me out of anything. Always be respectful to the officer at the side of the road (he can make things really bad for you)... the time to take off the gloves and do battle is in the court room.

GL to all.
Back when I first started driving I got 2 tickets I had to appear in court for. Speeding and probationary license violation. I played it cool with the officer and didn't give him any grief. He did show up for the court date and when I went to talk to the prosecutor, he put it a good word for me and I had the speeding ticket reduced and the license violation thrown out. I was looking at 4 points and a huge fine. Ended up being 2 points and just court costs. YMMV but as fazman said, always be respectful to the officer and it can usually work in your favor unless the officer is a real prick.
Appreciate 0