View Single Post
      10-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

MotoGP: Motul Grand Prix of Japan (Oct 12, 2014)

I've not been around here for a while because I was on a business trip. To those who follow these MotoGP threads and others, apologies for the tardiness lol

Well with that out of the way, without further ado ...

10/12/2014 the Motul Grand Prix of Japan will commence! In fact Free Practice starts tomorrow. "Set in the foothills of the Hakko mountain chain, surrounded by forest and with the pure mountain waters of the Nakagawa river flowing by, the stunning Twin Ring Motegi opened its doors in 1997. With F1 at home in Suzuka, Motegi caters for US-style oval racing and a European-style road race on the outer track, which is the home of MotoGP in the Land of the Rising Sun."

This is the race where Marc Marquez can finally clinch the 2014 Championship. He has been desperate for it, enough so to push his bike to far or too hard and - as you know - the last two races were awful for him...DNFs and double-digit placements.

and then of course, Rossi crashed out at the last stop. What a shame after winning his first race this season, but it gave his partner time to shine I guess.
FoxSports reports that Rossi is putting it behind him and he's ready for this one: http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...-motegi-100714

Season points so far:
1. M. Marquez 292
2. D. Pedrosa 217
3. V. Rossi 214
4. J. Lorenzo 202
5. A. Dovizioso 142
6. A. Espargaró 112
7. P. Espargaró 108
8. A. Iannone 92
9. S. Bradl 87
10. B. Smith 85
Appreciate 0