View Single Post
      09-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #116
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by grieverr View Post
These threads always lead to fun answers. I don't know why people are so afraid of writing down their profession - I work in IT, I do storage. And as I get older, I like it less. Anyone know a good industry to transition out of IT and in to?!!

I especially don't understand the business owners not wanting to talk about their businesses. Is this not an opportunity to network or maybe get a new customer or two? Or does it just lead to people trolling you?
I always feel like the question is asked in order to figure out how others afford certain things. We have a presumably younger fellow asking how others are driving M3s and M4s. He drives a 328i himself. Putting two and two together, he's presumably trying to figure out what job he needs to get in order to upgrade from his current vehicle to an M3 or M4.

As others have eluded to, it's a useless question to ask and equally useless to answer. I have a friend who sells wood floors and he's on his way to add a McLaren to his fleet (already has an M6 GC and a Range Rover Autobiography). Does selling wood floors equal having nice cars? Not necessarily. I could be an executive VP at VMware, but only make enough to buy myself a CPO 528i.

See where I'm going?
Appreciate 0