09-11-2014, 08:38 AM   #55
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
The reason the iPhone didn't gain LTE until the 5 was because it required two radio's( one for LTE and another radio for GSM/CDMA). That was a design compromise Apple wasn't going to make due to the extra space it would take up and extra power draw. So they waited until Qualcomm made a radio that had LTE and GSM/CDMA combined.

And it is well known what Jobs states at the time is to be taken with a grain of salt. It's a part of his sales pitch to sell the current product. One year he bashed flash storage, etc. The very next year the iPod Nano came out. Says video on a MP3 player sucks, next year the iPod Video came out, etc. Telling people the real technical reasons why won't sell the product such as the two radio deal with the early implementation of LTE. It's all marketing. And Jobs was damn good at it.

Anyway leaning toward the 6 Plus.
Ok, so going with my original statement, you're saying it wasn't Apple who made the combination radio? It was Qualcomm...and that means Apple, themselves, didn't perfect a damn thing (which is the statement I am contending here). So there goes that argument... My S2 Skyrocket was the same size as the new iPhone 6. Please, keep the excuses for Apple's shortcomings rolling right along...

Quote:
I agree Apple products just work smoother. Anything just works that much better.

My last two phones were android products. But now that Apple finally has larger screens, I will go back to Apple. About time.
And this is what I did...I waited for Apple to play catch-up before picking up an iPhone, because I actually agree that their overall operation is smoother, in general. I just can't stand it when people equate Apple with "latest and greatest" and words like "perfection". It's utter bullshit.
Appreciate 0