View Single Post
      08-18-2014, 08:06 PM   #4408
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

TVIX is little too early for my taste, but I am sure it will play out well. I think TVIX is probably better than proshare shorts or any other bear ETFs.

I guess the EdJones FA loves "Blue Chips" OR EJ analyst sees bear or corrections near future ,and FA is recommending to go defensive.

I agree. 2.5% is really steep!

I am long on AMD, and plan to own Sprint within 2-6days.
I am very tempted to short TMUS at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
So we just bought 40k shares of tvix @ $2.73. We'll see how that plays out

Also, I casually mentioned that we enlisted the services of an Edward jones financial advisor a couple of months ago. I figured I would give you her stock picks for free. So apparently as of last week she's long on coca cola, Pfizer, and verizon. All three are dividend paying stocks (although that can change any day). Coca cola actually gained about 5% since she bought shares for us so that's a good start. Pfizer and Verizon are around the same price. Verizon's dividend is at 4.9% at the moment, but who knows when that will change.

Since Edward jones charges an outrageous 2.5% front end commission for each trade, she made these picks with the intention of holding them for several years.

Note: buying tvix was not her idea. That's just a fun little high risk experiment we're doing. If we lost 100% of our tvix position it wouldn't matter.

She also bought shares in several mutual funds but I won't bore you with that.

I couldn't tell you why she chose coca cola, verizon, and Pfizer. I'm just the messenger
Appreciate 0