07-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #112
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Another thing that will help stimulate pec growth are chin-ups (..underhand pull-ups). Make chin-ups/pull-ups your workout finishers, and you will see an improvement in your chest and your upper back. Shoulder shrugs do nothing for me, but I for others they are effective. I do better with high pulls/rows and dumbbell shoulder presses. Every body is different, so you'll have to play around with a few different exercises/gym attachments to find those that work best for your body. Lifting definitely isn't a "one exercise fits all" type of environment.
It's a little discouraging because obviously I'm thin, so my shoulder points are prominent and it drives me up the wall. Everything else has become defined over time, and I'm at least content with it, except my boney shoulders.

It really is more one off than most people think, and it took me a while to realize that. I will start doing chin-ups and pull-ups to finish and see if that gives me some better results, because shoulder shrugs just feel like a chore with no real outcome after doing them the past 5 months.
Appreciate 0