View Single Post
      05-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #175
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
So you've owned a couple of cars and bought a house and you are thinking about buying a Corvette but haven't yet. Are we supposed to be impressed? We're not.
What's more impressive is how easy it is for you get overly defensive and drawn in to these debates. You sound fairly young and immature; when you grow up a little hopefully some of these perceptions you're showing in this thread will change. Maybe learn a little from your parents it sounds like they have it more together than you.
The math doesn't make any sense, you're not looking at buying a house and a C7 when you're in high school, thinking about a prom. You're really not. It really is interesting, I've always found that in life those who have it, never reveal how they did it, nor do they brag. Those who don't, are constantly on the defensive trying to somehow justify.

Some of us have been here a while, i.e. bought our E9x's new when they were new cars. I remember in 2006 that there were 18 y.o.'s who claimed to have amassed real estate empires--and getting a brand spanking new E90 was simply a reward to themselves. No, their parents didn't have anything to do with it. Seriously, all while in HS. Funny thing is they suddenly were absent circa 2008-2009. None of the math ever made any sense. And then common sense kicked-in, if the real estate empires even existed, they would have crumbled.

Can you imagine, those then 18 y.o.'s are today about 26? Wonder if they stopped fibbing and made something of themselves? Because people forgive you when you're 14-18, you can't possibly know all that much. But as you near 30, you're fully treated as an adult.
Appreciate 0