05-05-2014, 10:52 AM   #174
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by daixloxbmw View Post
Yeah I am so selfish that I turned down my parent's money for allowance/college tuition and decided to pay for everything myself since I took my first job at age 14 (except food and shelter). Just because my parents are working class folks, does that mean I cannot buy something nice for myself with money that I earned myself? I guess since I was born into a working class family, I'm not allowed to buy luxury goods for myself.

I have now owned 4 BMWs, about to buy a C7 Corvette and bought a decent house, all by myself. You see, the funny thing about immigrant parents is that they are incredibly proud people and won't accept financial help from their children (both my sister and I have offered). We have offered to have them move into my home rent free or at least help put them in a nicer apartment but they won't have any part of that. They are perfectly content with their old apartment and beat up Toyota Tercel that they worked hard for and have adamantly refused any money from us. That Toyota Tercel that my parents worked so hard for is like a BMW to them, compared to the bicycles they had back in China.

I'll agree (and have specifically said so multiple times before) that buying a BMW at such a young age is not the wisest financial decision but I am still very proud of having done so by myself and I don't believe that I was selfish at all.

LOLz, first I was liar because it was impossible for an 18 year old to buy a BMW without financial aid and now I am selfish because I bought something nice for myself. I wonder what I will be accused of next.
So you've owned a couple of cars and bought a house and you are thinking about buying a Corvette but haven't yet. Are we supposed to be impressed? We're not.
What's more impressive is how easy it is for you get overly defensive and drawn in to these debates. You sound fairly young and immature; when you grow up a little hopefully some of these perceptions you're showing in this thread will change. Maybe learn a little from your parents it sounds like they have it more together than you.
Appreciate 0