View Single Post
      04-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #54
basscadet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
So I don't think its a good comparison, nor is it a fair comparison based on price. I do fully expect BMW to release higher performance versions, a la competition pack etc as we progress into the model run. Based on the specs, the car will be extremely quick in a straight line (BMW quotes identical 0-1000km speeds as the m5 which is extremely fast), and if you want it to be faster, there will be plenty of power left on the table.
0-1000km speeds? damn!

But seriously, the Competition Package is basically just a cosmetic thing, I love the wheels but I don't think any single person has ever been able to demonstrate there is any performance advantage with a ZCP car.

I am trying to decipher your F10 M5 vs F80 M3 performance comparison, is this essentially a 0-1000m comparison (~ 1/8 mile?). If so, I would not be surprised that a M3 can hang with a M5 up to such a short distance. I am much more interested in 1/4 mile trap speed which I believe will show that the F10 M5 is walking away from the M3. This is also probably at the same point that a non-S C63 will be walking away from the M3.

As I get older, I get less and less impressed with 1/4 mile times and care a lot more about 30-90mph or 60-100mph times as this is the range of speed where I really need commanding power on the roads. In my GT-R I would just touch the throttle and I would get from 60-100mph with such little effort it made merging on to highways so much more enjoyable.
Appreciate 0