Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodem View Post
Well, if the steering fluid leaked out there wouldnt be much left to catch fire, so I doubt that. Hydraulic steering failure is possible, but it would have to be sudden to cause the car to go off the road like that. I wonder whether the steering fluid is at any higher pressure than normal in that car.

Well, the fuel tank probably exploded somehow. I wonder if they used any kind of octane boost or race gas. Might not have happened with a diesel car, but who knows.

The number of hands that car went through is crazy. One owner put 200 miles on it before selling it. Probably the prior owners were "investors" trying to make a quick buck, but maybe some were drivers and decided it was too dangerous to drive.

Those cars cost enough, they should have an optional ejection seat, or at least a halon system.
The CGT they were driving has had multiple owners from the west coast to the east coast and back to the west coast. It also appears that particular CGT has stories (of the mechanical type) that I am sure will be investigated thoroughly .

"inquiring minds want to know" the folks on rennlist and 6speedonline have some interesting commentary on the crash/CGT as well. This accident has affected many people in various ways.
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0