View Single Post
      11-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #3392
IRide
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
It looks natural to me, with no color standing out more than lifelike.

I've been in John Fielder's Denver gallery a lot lately and I've been quite impressed by the Saturation used by many of the photographers displaying there. (Fielder sticks close to reality, but some of the shots are over the top). The best seller, other than Fielder, is a landscape guy to grotesquely over Saturates his images.

If you're every selling prints, keep in mind the potential buyers' tastes and don't get too hung up on what other photographers think, unless you don't mind low sales.

Dave

Dave,

I went to one of Fielder's seminars years ago (probably 20 years or so) when I was living in Denver. He has come a long way since then.

I would starve if I had to depend on photographic skills (good thing I have other sources of income). I do this for the challenge and enjoyment. I have enjoyed this forum of folks who seem to be likeminded. I want to expand my skills behind the camera and the computer, but not to the point of making work out of fun…if you know what I mean.

I enjoy the honest critique, encouragement and willingness to share information that I've found with this group of accomplished photogs!

Last edited by IRide; 11-18-2013 at 06:40 AM..
Appreciate 0